Jessica Alba explains why she stopped acting at the ‘top of my career

 

Jessica Alba explains why she stopped acting at the ‘top of my career






Jessica Alba has revealed why she hit pause on her acting career after giving birth to her first child.

The 39-year-old welcomed a daughter named Honor in 2008. The co-founder of The Honest Company, who is on the March cover of Romper, got candid about how motherhood changed her outlook about her health and Hollywood.




"My mother had cancer at a really young age," the star told the outlet. "Many women in my family have passed from various different cancers, none of them genetic."

Alba noted that she "grew up with chronic illness."





"I had five surgeries before I was 11 years old," she explained. "I had chronic allergies, and I was hospitalized a lot as a child. I had this real moment of, I want to live and thrive, and spend as much time with this little person that I’m bringing into the world as possible and stay. So, my health matters. I want this little person to be healthy. And it’s really freaking hard to be happy when you don’t have your health."
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments